BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND YouTube Layouts »

background

about me

about me
My name is Justin Lasagna. I am in Ms. Terrells 11th grade English class. I am trying to Figure out if ghosts are real. I have always been curious if they were real or not.

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Crossing Over: The Stories Behind The Stories

Crossing Over: The Stories Behind the Stories by John Edwards is a book about how he became successful. It starts off talking about how when he was a little kid he never realized that the strange feelings a presence of non-existing people telling him what do was something out of the norm. He graduated from college as a doctor and started off being a medium as something on the side for fun. He would take people in and he was able to sense spirits of family members of the customer and pass on messages from beyond the grave. When asked to explain what he does he replies “O what do I do? I talk to dead people all day” (Edwards 6). Soon he quit his job at the hospital and went on the road promoting his book about the spirits around us every day. He went from town to town doing radio shows and TV shows promoting his book listing to his spirit guides and how they lead him to success, and made him able to speak with spirits of others.

I feel that the story behind the book was very well written. Its incredible how he went from being a doctor to dropping it and going off to be a medium. How he believed in something that no one else could and became one of the most famous mediums for it. It’s incredible to hear how many people he connected with in the story. He was even so good he got his own show were he would connect with others.

Even though the book was well written I have a hard time believing that what he says is 100% true. I believe that what he was hearing were sometimes his thoughts and conscious more than spirit guides. I feel he is just one of the luckier psychics where everything just fell in place for him. I don’t feel he truly has the ability to speak to others. He may believe what hears and think are others but I seriously doubt it is all real.



Edwards, John. Crossing Over: The Stories Behind the Stories. San Diego CA: Jodere Group, INC, 2001. 6. Print.

1 comments:

Ms. Leslie Terrell said...

Reword last sentence - confusing..

Otherwise good job 99/100